Thursday, October 15, 2009

DISCOVERY ALERT: another use for swim goggles

Last night Brook came to the kitchen while I was cooking dinner and asked "Mom is there anything I can help you with?"
Mom "Brook will you please chop the onion for the Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower soup."
Brook "I'll be right back mom and then I will chop the onion for you."
Mom " Ok, thank you!"
Brook comes back and starts chopping the onion with this attire on...

Brook " Mom, this is working really well....now I won't cry!"
Mom checks on Brook a few minutes later and notices goggles are removed and asked Brook why she took her goggles off.
Brook " They were working really good until they started fogging up."
She is always such a great helper around the house. I love her since of humor and creativity!

3 comments:

Hess said...

Perfect Brooke!

jksfam said...

Good thinking, Brook! I learned last year helping to make stone soup in Wesley's class that if you put a cup of water by you when cutting onions, it helps. Whatever comes from the onion is looking for moisture, so it goes to the cup instead. It definitely worked then. I don't use too much fresh onion, although I should...

KJA said...

of course! smart girl