Friday, March 25, 2016

Geneology

In this weeks reading for my Book of Mormon class in the first chapter of Ether we learn about the descendants of Ether. This past year I have really enjoyed researching my own family history work on family search. I have been blessed to find many of my own descendants on both of my parents side. I enjoy learning about the lives of my ancestors. My great great great grandfather on my fathers side was one of the last surviving civil war vets. I have a newspaper clipping where they wrote a story about him. My family tree has many branches of beautiful people and I am excited to do more research. Recently I was able to take some of my own ancestor names to the temple to do temple work for them. This has been such a huge blessing in my life as I have had a wonderful experience and I have felt the spirit so strong as their names were taken through the temple. I know the Lord has blessed me to be able to do this very important work. My 12 year old and 17 year old were able to participate in an indexing challenge in our ward and it really got them excited to do their own family history work. I hope to have my daughters take my own family names to the temple soon to do baptisms for their ancestors. In Doctrine and Covenants 124 we are taught the importance and sacredness of doing the temple work for our ancestors. I have a testimony of the importance of temple work so our ancestors can be sealed together forever. I am so thankful that my family can be together forever.

No comments: